Sanglah Hospital was built in 1956 and inaugurated on December 30, 1959, with a capacity of 150 beds. In 1962 in cooperation with the Medical Faculty Udayana University as a teaching hospital. In 1978 became a teaching hospital and a type B Referral Hospital for Bali, NTB, NTT, East Timor (SK Menkes RI 134/1978).
In the development of Sanglah Hospital experienced several changes in status, in 1993, the hospital became self-financing (Minister of Health Decree No. 1133 / Menkes / SK / VI / 1994). Then in 1997 became the Hospital’s non-tax revenues (non-tax state revenue). In 2000 changed its status to Perjan (Company Bureau) by government regulations in 2000. Recently in 2005 turned into a PPK BLU (RI Kepmenkes NO.1243 2005 date August 11, 2005) and designated as Type A teaching hospital following Permenkes 1636 2005 dated December 12, 2005.
As with any other organization, Sanglah Hospital also has a vision as a direction that will be addressed, become eminent in the field of Hospital Services, Education, and Research National and International level. In realizing this vision, Sanglah Hospital in providing services always strives with every effort so that the prime minister to satisfy the people who need assistance. Moreover, Sanglah Hospital is the primary referral hospital for Bali, NTB, and NTT.
Besides, Sanglah Hospital also always focuses on the empowerment of its resources to produce seed in education and medical research, health, and nursing.
A Brief History
1956: Sanglah began to be built
1959: Inaugurated by President Ir. Sukarno as C-class hospital with 150 TT
1962: Cooperation with FK Unud education where future doctors
1978: Being RS Class B Education and the referral hospitals Bali, NTB, NTT & Teams
1993: Being RS Unit Swadana
1998: Being RS PNBP
2000: Being RS Perjan
2005: Being UPT MOH PPK BLU and became RS Class A Education