What are cookies?
Cookies are widely used in the Internet. They are small text files stored in your browser that contain basic information about your internet use, such as login details and your previous browsing records.
A cookie can be classified in terms of its (i) duration and (ii) the party who places it:
(i) Session cookies and Persistent cookies
The duration of cookies depends on whether they are session or persistent cookies.
Session cookies expire once the browsing session ends.
Persistent cookies are saved on your computer or mobile device for a fixed period of time. When you visit a website, your browser will retrieve these cookies so that the website will recognize your device and personalize your site experience according to your previous browsing records.
(ii) First-party cookies and Third-party cookies
- ensure the efficient functioning of this Website;
- evaluate how this Website is accessed and used;
- analyze what destinations are popular among visitors;
- determine your eligibility for campaigns and promotions;
- recommend the places that match your interests; and
- improve the content of this Website and enhance user’s experience.
We will ensure that cookies will not be used for any purpose other than those described here.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use four types of cookies, namely “Strictly necessary cookies”, “Essential cookies,” “Analytics cookies”, and “Advertising cookies”. Further information on these cookies is set out in the table below:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies allow us to manage this Website and ensure it functions properly. They are essential to help you navigate around this Website and provide you with an improved surfing experience.
We use analytics cookies including Google Analytics and other analytics tools to gather anonymous statistical information for:
Advertising cookies enable us to limit the number of times you see the same ad and to ensure that the ad content is relevant to your interests. These cookies, together with an identifier linked to your IP address, can track your activity across various websites and thus display ads in accordance to your preference.
Consent to cookies
How can you manage your consent?
Cookies settings can normally be found in the preference or settings menu from your browser, for example:
- Chrome: Settings — Advanced — Content Settings — Cookies
- Safari: Preferences — Privacy — Cookies and website data
- Firefox: Preferences — Privacy — History
- Internet Explorer: Internet Options — Privacy
- Opera: Settings — Privacy & security — Cookies